As you may know, Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge Tim Fox has filed an injunction regarding Arkansas Act 1002. While this injunction is in place, public schools in Arkansas may mandate the wearing of masks in school buildings. Beginning Tuesday, August 10, 2021, LISA Academy will require that all students, staff, and visitors (regardless of vaccination status) wear masks when in a school operated building when others are in the same area. This mask requirement will remain in place as long as is necessary to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, or until the legal status of Act 1002 changes.
Based on current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), LISA Academy believes that masks are important to provide a layer of protection for students and staff who are not vaccinated, to minimize the spread of COVID-19 for everyone, and to protect those who have underlying medical conditions that put them at greater risk. Please keep students at home if they are sick in any way.
In addition, all schools will follow other safety protocols, including:
- Improved ventilation/filtration systems in schools
- Social distancing as much as possible
- Frequent disinfecting of classrooms and other work areas
- No sharing of materials between students
- Altered meal service to allow social distancing
- Frequent hand washing
- Covering coughs or sneezes
- Detailed contact tracing of any cases involving students/staff
- Offering onsite vaccination clinics to anyone eligible