LISA Academy is proud to offer a proven STEM-focused curriculum that engages students in building the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math skills needed to succeed in the 21st Century. Though this STEM curriculum is embedded across our schools, there are two standout opportunities that highlight LISA's commitment to STEM education: the annual Arkansas STEM Festival, and our campus-based Makerspaces.
STEM Programs by Grade Level
Elementary STEM Programs
- K-2 STEM: Paper Circuits, Ozobot
- 3-5 STEM: PLTW Launch, 3D Printing and Design, Microbit
- Academic Competitions: VEX IQ Robotics, FLL Robotics, Science Fair, Noetic Math, Math League, Math Kangaroo, MathCon, Math Madness
Middle School STEM Programs
- 6-8 STEM : PLTW Gateways(Design and Modelling, Energy and the Environment, Medical Detectives, Computer Science for Innovators and Makers)
- Academic Competitions: VEX IQ Robotics, FLL Robotics, Science Fair, Science Quiz Bowl, Science Olympiad, MathCounts, Noetic Math, Math League, Math Kangaroo, ACTM Math Contest, American Mathematics Competitions, Destination Imagination
High School STEM Programs
- 9-12 STEM: PLTW Biomedical, PLTW Engineering, PLTW Computer Science
- Academic Competitions: VEX Robotics, Solar Car, Rocketry, HOSA, Science Fair, Science Quiz Bowl, Science Olympiad, Math League, Math Kangaroo, ACTM Math Contest, American Mathematics Competitions, CyberPatriot
Arkansas STEM Festival
LISA Academy hosts the Annual Arkansas STEM Festival to celebrate science, technology, engineering and math in Little Rock. Tens of exploration stations will provide hands-on activities that bring opportunity for engagement and exchange between children, teens, families, and local STEM professionals. The 100+ engaging demonstrations at the festival are a sight to behold! It is among the largest meetings of the Arkansas STEM community in the entire state and is an ideal field trip destination as it is completely free and highly educational for students of all ages. To discover more about this year's STEM festival, project guidelines, and more info on how your student can get involved click here!
LISA Academy Makerspace
LISA Academy Makerspace aims to provide a student-centered learning environment where students can engage in design thinking, tinkering, and engineering. The Makerspace will also provide educators with a space to expand their curriculum beyond the confines of a traditional classroom, providing useful tools to engage students. The Makerspace is a free, shared space open to people of all ages, from all disciplines. Click here to learn more about our Makerspaces!